PREP TIME: 5-10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20-30 minutes
- 80g risotto rice
- Half finely chopped red onion
- Crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 100ml white wine
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 400ml of boiling water
- 1 teaspoon of mint jelly
- 100g frozen peas
- 155g large king prawns
1. Sweat onion and garlic in a wide based pan (more surface area) with the olive oil until soft, then lower the heat.
2. Add the rice and stir in.
3. Add wine and stir until all the fluid is absorbed.
4. Dissolve stock cube in boiling water.
5. You can now add stock with a ladle at a time and stir until absorbed.
6. Keep testing rice until nearly cooked.
7. Add peas, mint jelly and king prawns.
8. Add last few ladles and stir until nice and creamy (not runny or dry).
9. Serve and enjoy!
ADDITIONAL HINTS & TIPS:
- Use chicken breast or white fish if you do not like prawns
- You can use butter or coconut oil instead of olive oil
- Add a knob of butter into the finished dish if you require more calories for this meal
- White wine is optional so can be omitted if required