PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
- 100g salmon fillet
- 80g asparagus
- 80g peppers
- 1 sweet potato
- Microwaveable packet of rice / 100g boiled rice
1. If in a rush, use microwaveable rice pouches, if not then boil 100g of plain white/brown rice until cooked.
2. Put a raw sweet potato in the microwave and cook for 6 minutes
3. Set up a 3 tier steamer, add boiling water and set a timer for 7 minutes.
4. Place the salmon on the bottom tier.
5. Place the asparagus on the second tier.
6. Add lastly add the sliced peppers to the top tier allowing them to stay crunchy rather than soft.
7. Once they are all cooked, add seasoning of your choice.
ADDITIONAL HINTS & TIPS:
- Put the food on first as that takes the longest to cook.
- Steaming fish and vegetables is a great way to keep them moist without over cooking them.
- In a steamer, add food that takes the longest at the bottom and the food that takes the least amount of time to the top.
- Add seasoning once everything is cooked to assess flavour.