Make up a great tasting dinner that you can toss together in minutes.
This delicious Beef Stir Fry is a great low fat high in protein meal, great for when you crave meat but not the high fat and calories that go with it, try this beef stir-fry or even add chopped chicken breasts instead.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
- 150g extra-lean beef mince
- 80g mushrooms
- 80g cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 80g peppers
- Coconut oil
- 100g potatoes
1. Boil water in a kettle and then add to pot with potatoes on medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes.
2. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to your pan (preferably non-stick ceramic) on a low heat.
3. As the oil starts to heat, dice up your vegetables.
4. Add the meat to the pan on a low heat.
5. Once the meat has browned all over, add in the onions, garlic and mushrooms.
6. Once it is all cooked, add seasoning and serve.
ADDITIONAL HINTS & TIPS:
- Put the food on first that takes the longest to cook
- Cook your meat with onions, garlic and mushrooms to add flavour to the meat
- Don’t over cook your meat as it will still be cooking once you add in your veg and that will stop it going very dry
- Add seasoning once everything is cooked to assess flavour