1. Be consistent. Finding an exercise routine or class you LOVE is the best way to stick with it. When you are having fun it doesn’t seem like a chore – you actually look forward to getting your workouts in.
2. Follow an effective exercise routine. Make sure your schedule is suited to your personal goals. Just because one person is doing one set of exercise - doesn't mean it will work for you!
3. Set realistic goals. SMART objectives are key for an effective workout programme. Break your overall objective into smaller, shorter-term goals and ensure you're hitting them each week!
4. Use the buddy system. Training with a gym-buddy make you less likely to skip a session, makes your session more fun, and more effective as they can tell you if you're not putting in the effort!
5. Make your plan fit your life. Make sure you fit your training around your lifestyle, not the other way around! This will make it working out less stressful and more effective.
6. Be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was your body. Results don't happen overnight so you have to stick with it! It takes 4 weeks for you to see changes, 8 weeks for your friends and family, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world!
7. Call in the pros. If you're unsure about what is best for you - ask an expert! 99% of people in the gym are friendly and approachable - all you have to do is ask!
8. Watch the clock. Don't spend hours and hours running on a treadmill. A high-intensity 45 minute workout should be all you need - give it all you've got!
9. Get inspired. Motivation is key to ensuring your workouts don't slip. Pin up photos or reminders in the office or at home for constant reminders of where you want to be
10. Be happy. This one is the most improtant of all. Your happiness comes first so ensure that you're loving each minute of your workouts!