These delicious Protein Donuts are an ideal clean treat. Make them using our new Protein Superfood powder
- ½ cup of buckwheat flour
- ½ cup peanut flour
- 2 scoops (50g) of PhD Protein Superfood powder (Banana flavour)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of natural sweetener (stevia)
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon of date nectar
- 3 tablespoons of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the drizzle
- 2 tablespoons of icing sugar alternative (sukrin)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (room temperature)
- ½ teaspoon of vanila extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and lightly grease a 6-mold donut baking tray.
- In a large bowl mix together the buckwheat flour, peanut flour, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon and sweetener.
- Place the peeled banana, melted coconut oil, nut butter, date nectar, milk and vanilla in a blender and whizz up until smooth.
- Pour this into the dry ingredients and gently mix well, until you have a thick, smooth batter. Spoon this into each donut tin to fill, smoothing out evenly on the top.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until risen, golden and cooked through.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes before carefully removing them from the tin onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the drizzle, simply whisk the ingredients together with just enough hot water to create a slightly runny paste to drizzle over your donuts. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon then serve!
Keep in an airtight container and consume within 2 days.
Macros (per donut)
Of which sugars: 5g
Of which saturates: 5g