Looking for a new way to enjoy your Smart Bars™?
These Red Velvet Smart Bars™ Cupcakes should be first on your list to make and enjoy.
- 50g of Belgium Chocolate flavour PhD Nutrition Diet Whey protein powder
- 3/4 cup baking stevia
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup (~3 whole) baby beets (canned but NOT pickled)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt (or unsweetened applesauce)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp vinegar (white or cider)
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 2 Smart Bars™
Prep: 10 min › Cook: 25 min › Ready in: 35 min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Add all cupcake ingredients to blender, starting with beets; blend until smooth. If you don't have a blender, steam beets and mash with a fork. Whisk together dry ingredients, then mix in wet.
- Line wells of a muffin pan with paper or foil cupcake liners, or coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove and insert chopped up pieces of Smart Bar™ into muffins
- Bake for a further 5-8 minutes until a knife or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Did you try making this delicious recipe? Why not let us know… Tag us @PhDNutritionUK